When we wake up in the morning, we are greeting with a blank slate, a chance to write the day the way we want. Sure, there will be interruptions or mishaps or even dangers, but the day is still a promise, a hope, a chance.
I spent the summer and fall overcoming an unexpected illness, that literally, changed in a day, one of those mishaps that was unplanned. In the days spent recovering, I decided a few things
1. life is short and time will pass, might as well do what I want
2. my family are my blessings and my life would not be the same without them
3. friends are the music of my heart and I am blessed with young ones and old ones
4. money isn't everything
5. when you are sick, the real people who love you show up
6. kids are funny
7. aging will happen, might as well celebrate the gray and moisturize the wrinkles
8. it is never too late to go back to school
9. I really am a pretty awesome poet and narrativist
10. being a mother has been my single greatest joy
What are your things you've decided on this last day of November?